Learn Read more »
Digital skills training has been an important part of the Chicago technology landscape for many years. A comprehensive strategy for digital excellence was laid out in the 2007 report, “The City that NetWorks: Transforming Society and Economy Through Digital Excellence“.
Hundreds of professionals have labored in dozens of programs across the city, doing the daily work of teaching residents how to take part in the digital revolution to use the Internet, get jobs, and participate in civic life.
Connect Chicago has information on many different ways to gain digital skills:
- Community training: there are dozens of programs in community technology centers throughout the city
- Online courses: sign up for digital skills training that you can do at your own pace
- Online training library: are you a trainer? Browse and download courses to use at your location
- CyberNavigators: this long-time program offers in-person help at 45 library locations
- Digital Skills Initiative: intensive in-person training in 30 locations
About Read more »
Connect Chicago is a loose network of more than 250 places in the city where internet and computer access, digital skills training, and online learning resources are available—for free.
The work of these people in libraries, colleges, community centers, workforce development centers, and public housing help create a vibrant culture of learning, making Chicago more globally competitive and an all-around better place to live and work.
Connect Chicago is here to help all Chicago residents get connected— no matter where you are in the city, on the skills continuum, or in this universe of access and training providers.